This is a great clip for kids and adults alike to help you understand how to open your chakras. In this scene from the American children’s television series, Avatar: The Last Airbender, a wise old nomad called Guru teaches a boy called Aang how to open each of his seven chakras. He also learns about the four elements and how everything is connected.
What are Chakras?
Chakras are spinning vortexes that receive and transmit vibrational frequencies through and around the body. Traditionally, there are thought to be seven. They are located from the base of the spine, all the way up to the crown of the head. Each chakra facilitates the flow of life force or chi energy (a fine, higher vibrational frequency) through the organs and glands surrounding it, and through the meridian system. Each chakra corresponds holographically to different energies of our life’s journey. They filter specific vibrational frequencies relating to the personal lessons we are here to learn, such as:
- Base chakra: frequencies relating to safety, stability and survival.
- Sacral chakra: frequencies relating to creativity, sexuality and abundance.
- Solar plexus chakra: frequencies relating to personal power, confidence, self-worth and self-esteem.
- Heart chakra: frequencies relating to love, joy and compassion.
- Throat chakra: frequencies relating to verbal-expression, communication and speaking one’s truth.
- Third eye chakra: frequencies relating to intuition, clarity, knowing and wisdom.
- Crown chakra: frequencies relating to spirituality, cosmic consciousness and enlightenment.
The chakras also play an important role in spiritual awakening. When we expand our consciousness and awaken to higher levels of awareness, the chakras reciprocally activate, allowing greater levels of energy and higher vibrational frequencies into our bodies.